Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Greegan

Default was vlookup question

Okay I misunderstood what a friend of mine said...
Now he says I should be able to do a "find script"
Says it shouldn't be more than 36 lines or so... If I figure it out before
someone here helps me, I will post it (if that's allowed)

Thanks again

"Greegan" wrote in message
I am given a list of contacts and their addresses in a file I need to sort
(the columns being rearranged) into a special order...

My issue is that some of these files come with the street address, city,
state and zip codes all in one cell.

The state and zip codes are easy to separate them I have setup a script
for
that, replacing STATECODE with ,STATECODE, which works great.

My problem is separating the city name and the street address.

Someone asked if i could just do a vlookup and compare the contents of the
address list with the vlookup list... I'm guessing its possible but i'm
not
sure how that could be done.

Could someone give me some assistance with this please.

Thank you in advance,