Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Biff

Default Autofill Date/Time

Hi!

It's a rounding "issue".

In your first cell enter a date/time:

A1 = 20/12/05 12:00 PM

In A2 enter:

=A1+TIME(0,15,0)

Copy down as needed.

Biff

"systemx" wrote in
message ...

Hi all,

I am using an autofill to fill the date/time in 15 minute intervals.
For some reason excel seem to lose a minute when doing this.

ie.

Jumps from

20/12/05 12:45
20/12/05 12:59

and continues from there.

I am using a dd/mm/yy hh:mm custom format. But have tried with various
date/time formats and have the same problem. I have even tried adding
the decimal value (0.0104166 or 0.0104166000019177) and STILL have the
same problem!

It seems to lose the minute within the first 20-30 cells. If anyone can
help me to rectify this, I would really, really appreciate it!

Thank you :)

Rob

--
systemx