Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
neda5

Default Conditional Number Formatting

Works greatly.
Thanks.

"JE McGimpsey" wrote:

one way:

Put this in your worksheet code module (right-click the worksheet tab an
choose View Code):

If Not Intersect(Target, Range("A1")) Is Nothing Then _
Range("A2:D2").NumberFormat = _
IIf(Range("A1").Value = 1, "0%", "0.00")
End Sub

Adjust the formats as desired.

In article ,
"Neda" wrote:

Hi,
I need to number format a group of cells based on the number contained in
another cell. In other words, if the value in A1 is 1 I need to format A2 to
D2 as percent, if the value in A1 is 0 I need to format A2 to D2 as a number.

From, trying to figure out how t odo it I gathered that conditional
formatting will not be able to do it, and I don't know how to write a macro
to do it so any help will be appreciate it.
Thanks in advance.
Neda