Max

Maybe try this ..

Assume the 16 team players' names are listed in Sheet1 in A1:A16
and this range A1:A16 is named as: MyTeam

In say, Sheet2
-----------------

Select H4:H19

Put in the formula bar:
=IF(A5="","",IF(ISERROR(INDIRECT(A5)),"",INDIRECT( A5)))

Array-enter the formula, i.e. press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER
instead of just pressing ENTER

Now try input in A5: MyTeam
The range H4:H19 will be populated with the 16 team players names

--
Rgds
Max
"striker92s" wrote in message

I am new to excel but have worked with speadsheets (MS works) I need a
formula that when I enter a team name into cell A5 it automatically
inserts the team players into cells H4-19. I know its a combination of
lookup and reference. what should the formula be?

--
striker92s
striker92s's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=314186