SSHO_99

You must be a Monarch user.

If you use Excel 2k (like I do), try either one of these two macro's . They
both work for me. I hear Excel 2002 has a tool to do this built in.

Sub a_ApostroRemove1()
'
'
'Removes hidden apostrophes that are first characters.
'Works on cells with formulas, text, or values.

For Each currentCell In
ActiveSheet.UsedRange.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConst ants)
If currentCell.HasFormula = False Then
'Verifies that procedure does not change the
'cell with the active formula so that it contains
'only the value.
currentCell.Formula = currentCell.Value
End If
Next
End Sub

Sub a_ApostroRemove2()
'
'
'Removes hidden apostrophes that are first characters.
'Public Sub ApostroRemove()

Dim currentCell As Range
On Error Resume Next
For Each currentCell In Selection.SpecialCells( _
xlCellTypeConstants, xlTextValues)
With currentCell
.Formula = .Value
End With
Next
On Error GoTo 0
End Sub

"brokenmonkey" wrote:

How do I get rid of all the hidden apostrophes poplating every cell with
data, text and numeric?