Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Blackbird

Default Wierd

Somehow, when I use the ROUND function now, it all works. It didn't work
last time, and I still had it in there, but then it started working when I
opened the application again.

Thanks!

"Blackbird" wrote:

I get false on both instances when I use ISTEXT on every value.

The index function yields #VALUE. Perhaps I don't know exactly how to work
it?

Should I send you my actual file?

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

You might need to round in both instances

=INDEX('Issue 1'!H2:H102,MATCH(ROUND(A104,2),ROUND('Issue 1'!E2:E102,2),0))

entered with ctrl + shift & enter

other than that one value might be text and the other number, try this

=ISTEXT('Issue 1'!E2)

copy down and see if you get any true values, do the same with your lookup
values

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"Blackbird" wrote in message
Yes, I did import them.

When I did those tests, they indicated that there numbers were imprecise
and
had been rounded for display purposes. I used the ROUND function, and
then
they all came up as TRUE when using that test and with equal numbers using
LEN.

Still however, the error persists.

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

Did you import this? If so you might have hidden spaces trailing html
characters, I just make a quick test and copied the table for your post,
pasted into excel and applied a vlookup formula typing in the lookup
values
and those that I tried I got a correct hit, no errors at all so I can
only
assume that what you think is a match is not,
you can test with a cell that you know should be correct and then compare
them =cell=cell2 or even check how many characters

=LEN(lookup_Value_cell)
=LEN(value_from Table_cell)

same number?

Peo Sjoblom