Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Excelcrazy

Default Vlookup in Multiple Workbooks

Thanks

I tried this but it did not work. With false added as the fourth parameter
it brought back no answer for any row. With the fourth parameter left out I
get the correct answer where an exact match of the estimate number can be
located, but where the estimate number could not be found it puts in a figure
from the closest estimate number that it can find.

I need the ones that can not be located to be left either as blank cells or
state n/a .

Where am I going wrong?
--
Thanks for your advice in advance.
Excel Crazy

"Bernie Deitrick" wrote:

Use False as the fourth parameter of the VLOOKUP function to force an exact match. To prevent the
NA from appearing, use

=IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(....)),"",VLOOKUP(....))

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Excelcrazy" wrote in message
Hello

Can anyone help please?

I need to look up an estimate number which is workbook number 1 and find it
in work book number 2 and then find the selling price value and enter it in a
blank cell in work book number 1.

I thought this would work with a vlookup but I only get some correct results
and then the ones it can not locate it puts in the last value that is found
in workbook 2.

How do I get the spreadsheet to give me only the correct answers and where
the estimate number can not be found leave it blank or but n/a?

The estimate numbers are combinations of letters and numbers e.g. I45236.
Could this be causing the problem?