Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
David McRitchie

Default Columns and Rows

Hi Anand,
Ctrl+End will tell you what Excel thinks is your last cell.

If that is incorrect, I would suggest fixing all sheets by running a macro
see Debra Dalgleish's code
Why do my scrollbars go to row 500 -- my data ends in cell E50 http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused

Since this is not the programming newsgroup, you might need instructions
for installing and using a macro see
---
HTH,

"Anand" wrote in message ...
Greetings,

How can I find the number of active columns and rows used in an excel work
sheet?
What I mean is how can i find the last column and row or cell position,
where the data is stored in an excel sheet?

A code snippet will be of great help.

Thanks for your cooperation and help.

Best regards,
Anand