Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max

Default Totalling Collumns

Leave an empty row between the totals row and the items to sum above, e.g.:
In A11: =SUM(A1:A10), where A10 will be the empty row. Then if we insert
new rows by selecting this empty row, the SUM() will always auto-adjust to
include the entire range above.
--
Rgds
Max
"Stormingerman" wrote in message
I work on Bids and Proposals and use the AUTOSUM key to total columns. But
when I then edit the bid by adding/inserting an additional item, sometimes
Excel adds the addtional amount to 'Total', sometimes it doesn't. Has
resulted in some embarrassing situations. What am I doing wrong?
--
Rolf