Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bpeltzer

Default Excel 2000 worksheet where I want to convert date format

Do you ALWAYS have four digits for the year, and two each for month and day?
If so, I'd use Data Text to Columns, with the delimited option to break
each yyyymmdd into its components, then =date(a1,b1,c1) to form the date.
Finally copy/ paste special values to lock in the results.

"Russell-stanely" wrote:

I have a worksheet (in 2000) that was sent to me. The information in the
worksheet was culled from an Access database that I have no access to, and
saved to Excel.

There are several columns of dates that came over as "general" in this format:
20031125.
I want to quickly convert this into the proper date format of 11/25/03, but
I cannot seem to figure out a quick method to do it in Excel 2000.
HELP!