Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jeffP

Default sound clip as a result of conditional formatting... ?

David,
I wasn't thinking so much of the winmn.dll but the wav file itself( ie audio
into notes to Joe.wav) that I would like to open when he opens the workbook.
Yes, a repetitive workbook would make sense to send the wav file separtately
but a one time workbook......
I'll check your suggested link on OLE objects and again thanks.

"David McRitchie" wrote:

Hi Jeff, (posted to excel.misc)
Hopefully you would only ever send the wave file once, and I expect
people would only want one copy. i.e. c:\winnt\system32\winmm.dll
so other than a note as to where they might install the .wav file
I don't see packaging them in the same email if your are going to
update the Excel file regularly. The example given was one
that they would already have.

Anyway I wouldn't know how to automatically search the system for
the .dll and include it in the email.

As far a embedding them in a workbook don't know how, aren't the
big enough now. Using those keywords though here is a posting
by Chip Pearson using OLEObjects.Add have no idea whether
it does what you want.
http://groups.google.com/groups?thre...%40tkmsftngp02

--
HTH,

"jeffP" wrote...
My [additional] problem is I want to send a workbook to
someone via email attachment and therefore I lose the wav file referred to in
the macro. Any idea how to "attach" or "imbed" the related files to the
workbook?