Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier

Default How to make a chart from a list of names?

Chris -

You could make a pivot table from the list of names, putting the Name field
into the Row area and also into the Data area. This will provide a list with
each name occurring once and next to it a count of occurrences.

You could also use the FREQUENCY() worksheet function to achieve a list of
names and occurrences.

Then it is a simple matter to make a chart to display this data.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

"Chris" wrote in message
If I only hava a long list of names e.g like this;

Andy
Andy
Carol
Carol
Carol
Robert
Robert
Robert
Robert
and so on

I want to make a chart that shows both the names and how many times
the name are occuring in the list.

How can I do this with just a long list of names in Excel?

Thanks
/Chris