tjtjjtjt

One way:
If the names are in Column A and the number in Column B, do this for each
name:
=AVERAGE(IF(A1:A100="Joe",B1:B100))

Press Ctrl+Shift+Enter for this Formula instead of just enter--it's an
array. If you entered it correctly, it'll look like (below), even though you
didn't type the curly brackets:
{=AVERAGE(IF(A1:A100="Joe",B1:B100))}

tj

"Al" wrote:

Hello,

In tab A I have my Raw data that consists of about 20 different performance
metrics sorted by name.

In Tab B I am putting together a breakdown of this. What I need is a
function that will count the instances of each name and then average the
results for one column for that employee.

Ie.. In tab A if "Joe" was 10 results out of 100 I want to get an avearge
of the results for just Joe.