Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
JDToellner

Default How do I graph a pivot table of sparse values?

I have created a pivot table that counts the number of occurences of numeric
values between 4 and 16.

The pivot table contains the following

Value Count
9 2
10 1
11 1
12 7
13 4
14 1
15 1
16 3

There were no records that had the values 4, 5, 6, 7 or 8.

I have created a pivot/column chart to display the counts (y-axis) of each
value (x-axis). Because there are no counts for 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 the scale
for the x-axis is 9 to 16.

How do I create a chart with a scale from 4 to 16?

(I've also noticed that if there are only records for 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11,
12, 13, 14, 15 and 16 that the chart x-axis will not include an 8.)