Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
kilo1990

Default Macro to Prompt for File -- Neophite Needs HELP

I've been searching to try and fix this problem high & low on the
Internet, and I can't seem to get this sucker quite right. I know it's
an easy problem, but I have nil VBA knowledge, so this is nothing more
than a basic Macro.

I'm trying to automate my stock screening info as much as possible, and
I want to change the below Macro to prompt me for the CSV file name so
it's not linked to a certain file path. I tried to do the
GetFilenameOpen help dialogue in VBA, but I can't get it to work right.
ANY help would be greatly appreciated. Here's the code in the Macro:

Sub StockImport()
'
' StockImport Macro
' Macro recorded 09-12-2005 by
'
' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+Shift+I
'
Workbooks.Open Filename:= _
"C:\Documents and Settings\MyName\My Documents\Money\Stock
Screener\Raw Screen Data.CSV"
Range("A2:N50").Select
Selection.Copy
Windows("Screen Research.xls").Activate
Range("A6").Select
ActiveSheet.Paste
Application.CutCopyMode = False
Range("B4").Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = [Now]
Range("B5").Select
Windows("Raw Screen Data.CSV").Activate
ActiveWindow.SmallScroll Down:=-33
ActiveWorkbook.Close
End Sub

I have lots more I want to do with this puppy, but I'm trying to take
baby steps...thanks SOOO much in advance (I've used alot of brain power
on this one)...