Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Gord Dibben

Default Locking cels using a UDF

Haven't tested your code, but looks impressive and you say it does the job.

Goodonya.

Gord

On Fri, 16 Dec 2005 21:39:50 GMT, "Viral via OfficeKB.com" <u16718@uwe wrote:

Yep, found that out. Played around with it a bit, but I got it to do what I
wanted finally... I decided I wanted to do the same thing for another set of
cells in two other columns... as well as protect the page so the cells
couldn't be altered after entering data, here's what I have working. Wooga!

Option Explicit

Const WS_RANGE As String = "A2:B2000"
On Error GoTo ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = False
ActiveSheet.Unprotect Password:="1"
With Target
.Locked = True
End With
End If
ActiveSheet.Protect Password:="1"
ActiveSheet.EnableSelection = xlUnlockedCells

ws_exit:
Const WS_RANGER As String = "H2:I2000"
On Error GoTo ws_exit2:
Application.EnableEvents = False
ActiveSheet.Unprotect Password:="1"
If Not Intersect(Target, Me.Range(WS_RANGER)) Is Nothing Then
With Target
.Locked = True
End With
End If
ActiveSheet.Protect Password:="1"
ActiveSheet.EnableSelection = xlUnlockedCells

ws_exit2:
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

Only thing further is to have only the unlocked cells able to be selected
when the program opens... since they seem to be reverting back to editable
once the file is re-opened.

Thanks a bunch!!

Gord Dibben wrote:
Viral

Just a note here.

The cells will still be editable until you Protect the Worksheet.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

Awesome, Thanks a million man. Really needed to know how to use the
subroutines, thanks again.

[quoted text clipped - 28 lines]

I'd appreciate any help. Thanks.