Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gabe

Default Time Display in a Stop Watch fromat

Thanks for the info, but I think I figured it out. Excel stores dates and
times as serial numbers. I have to input the correct dates as well otherwise
it is trying to subtract the past. Example: 1pm 1/1/1900 from 12am 1/1/1900.
It's too bad excel does'nt have a basic stop watch format, maybe they should
make one in a new version. Thanks.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

See http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm

--

HTH

RP

"Gabe" wrote in message
I am looking to have the formula bar read 0:00 as well. So when I click on
the cell I can just type 1,230,3,etc.. and it will appear as 1:00, 2:30,
3:00. just like a stop watch would. Any tips?

"David Billigmeier" wrote:

Use a custom format of:

hh:mm:ss

Dave

"Gabe" wrote:

Is there a way to format a cell's time in a "stop watch" format,

without the
date prefix or the AM/PM. Currently (1/1/1900 12:00:00 AM) Suggested

(0:00).
Any help is greatly appriciated. Thanks.