Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Default How can I disable system alerts (deleting a sheet for example)?

Try opening xl in safe mode.

Do you get the prompt then?

Gord Dibben wrote:

Dave

The warning message appears in my 2002 and 2003 versions.

Either right-click and delete or delete sheet from toolbar or Insert menu.

Maybe you have customized your "Delete Sheet" button or menu item.

Gord

On Fri, 16 Dec 2005 10:22:33 -0600, Dave Peterson
wrote:

You could use a macro to delete the sheet.

But I would bet it would take as long to run the macro as it would to answer the
prompt.

Another option is to upgrade your version of excel. xl2003 doesn't have the
prompt anymore. (Not sure when it was removed, though...xl2002???).

andriil wrote:

Every time delete a sheet, I get a system alert saying "Data may exist in the
sheet(s) selected for deletion. To permanently delete the data, press
Delete". It's a bit annoying when you have to delete many sheets and you
don't want to select multiple sheets. Is there any possibility to disable
this alert?

--

Dave Peterson