Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Peo Sjoblom

Default HOW TO: In a formula, how to change the format of the resultin

Doh! Sorry about that, no there is no built in function that will do that

Peo Sjoblom

"Kevin McCartney" wrote in
message ...
NO, I'm saying that the first part is in bold, BOLD means, well bold text,
like Italic or Underlined ..... definitely not UPPER case that you

thought.

Anyone else have any ideas or do I have to re post?

regards
KM

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

Are you saying that the text changes to lower case when you use the

formula?
egardless to have upper case you can use

=UPPER(A1)" "&A2

Peo Sjoblom

"Kevin McCartney" wrote in
message ...
Hi TWIMC

I need to how to change a proportion of text in a resulting

concatenation
formula.

cell A1 contains the text in bold "ABCDEF", cell A2 containes

"GHIJKLM"
cell
A3 contains =A1 & " " & A2 but I want the cell A1 part to remain in

bold.
Is
there a way of using the TEXT function e.g. =TEXT(A1,BOLD) & " " & A2?

TIA
KM