Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ronnomad

Default Use networkdays INCLUDE weekends, Exclude holidays

Bernie,

Thanks for the work-around. I'll try it but, based on your answer I'll
elaborate on my question. I look at inventory availablity and use a simple
formula to determine how many days of production I can get. I then convert
the days into a Day/Date format so that I can issue a report saying
"Production Through Sunday December 25, 2005".

What I am really trying to do is add the number of days of production
availablity for those days that we are closed. So, in the example, instead
of production through 12/25, production is realy through 01/04/06 because we
are closed 12/22-12/26 and again 12/30-1/3.

Networkdays would do this if I could count weekends.

As an aside, I have also worked with 123 and, in 123 the Networkdays allowed
the user to determine which days of the week to count (or not count).

Thanks,

Ron

"Bernie Deitrick" wrote:

Ron,

With a list of your holidays in column A, entered as dates, (and nothign else in column A), you
could use a formula like

=C2-B2-(COUNTIF(A:A,"=" & B2)-COUNTIF(A:A,"" &C2))

where B2 has the start date and C2 has the end date. Note that you may want to add 1 to the
result....

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"ronnomad" wrote in message
We work in a 24/7 environment. I calculate production for a seven days
schedule but, we do close for holidays. Networkdays, by default, excludes
weekends when calculating. I do not see any other date fuction that will
calculate the workdays, include weekends and exclude the days we are closed..
Does anyone have a work-around or another solution?