Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
clrwtrms

Default formatting a cell with text from other cells

okay I have a VERY SIMPLE spreadsheet that is used to create shipping
labels

I need to be able to have a cell formatted so that it reads like
this...

p (in this space have the value that is alpha numeric from a cell above
it) -01

and there can be no spaces as it's a barcode so basically if the Part
number is 1234 the barcode below it needs to read p1234-01 however have
the spot above it read PN: 1234, the way I have it setup right now is
that PN: is in one cell and the 1234 in another, Please help. I am
sure this has been asked umptien times but I am a new excelforum user
and didn't even know how to go about searching for this.

Thank you

--
clrwtrms
clrwtrms's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29703