Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max

Default Separate records from Vertical to Horizontal

Assuming the source data is in A1 down,

Put in B1: =INDEX($A:$A,ROW(A1)*4-4+COLUMN(A1))
Copy B1 across 4 cols to E1, fill down until zeros appear
signalling exhaustion of data from col A

If required, freeze the results in cols B to E with an in-place:
Copy Paste special check "Values" OK
--
Rgds
Max
"PM" wrote in message
I have addresses in an Excel spreadsheet. Here is how they are formatted:

row 1: (blank)
row 2: name
row 3: address
row4: city, state, zip

This then repeats about 700 times.

Can anyone help me create a formula that copies these 4 rows to a single

row
in another tab? For example, row1 would go to columnA in the next tab,

row2
would go to columnB in the next tab, etc? I'd need it to repeat each

time,
so I have a tab that has each record in a single row (for printing

labels).

Please help! I cannot figure out the formula.

PM