Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Gord Dibben

Default Locking cels using a UDF

Viral

Just a note here.

The cells will still be editable until you Protect the Worksheet.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Fri, 16 Dec 2005 14:43:48 GMT, "Viral" <u16718@uwe wrote:

Awesome, Thanks a million man. Really needed to know how to use the
subroutines, thanks again.

Bob Phillips wrote:
Can't do it with a function, but with event code

Option Explicit

Const WS_RANGE As String = "G2:H2000"

On Error GoTo ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = False
With Target
.Locked = True
End With
End If

ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = True

I'm not entirely sure if this is possible or not... but here we go.

[quoted text clipped - 9 lines]

I'd appreciate any help. Thanks.