Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Default How can I disable system alerts (deleting a sheet for example)

Not an option.

Maybe you have something that changes the worksheet -- or are using book.xlt or
sheet.xlt that does something to make it look to excel like the worksheet was
used.

andriil wrote:

Mr. Peterson,
Thank you for your answer.
I'm afraid, I have the 2003 and I still see the alert...
Maybe it's optional, and I can disable it?
Thanks
Andrii.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

You could use a macro to delete the sheet.

But I would bet it would take as long to run the macro as it would to answer the
prompt.

Another option is to upgrade your version of excel. xl2003 doesn't have the
prompt anymore. (Not sure when it was removed, though...xl2002???).

andriil wrote:

Every time delete a sheet, I get a system alert saying "Data may exist in the
sheet(s) selected for deletion. To permanently delete the data, press
Delete". It's a bit annoying when you have to delete many sheets and you
don't want to select multiple sheets. Is there any possibility to disable
this alert?

--

Dave Peterson

--