Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jdb

Default Comparing Columns, Then copying data

I have two worksheets.

The first is called Master list. Each row is unique...the first field is a
unique ID number, the second field is a name.

The second worksheet is called Orders. Each row is NOT unique, the first
field is a name.

I want to add the unique ID field from Master List to each record in Orders.

So, I think I want to compare the name in Orders to the name in Master List
and, if they are equal, copy the ID number to a new column.

But I have no idea how to do that. I've tried if statements, but cannot get
it right.

Please help.

Thank you.

--