Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
RagDyer

Default If Statement

Try this:

=IF(160-B1<=0,160,B1+MIN(160-B1,A1))

--
HTH,

RD

"Phyllis B." wrote in message
That works if the three cells always equal 160. Suppose I have this in

the
the cells

A B C
88.5 140

I would only want to use 20 of the excess hours, because I don't want to
exceed 160 in cells b & C.

It could also look like this:

A B C
15 85

I would want to put the entire 15 hours in cell C. or

A B C
0 130

Cell C would be 0, because there are no excess hours to use.

The total doesn't have to be 160, it just cannot exceed 160.

thanks.

"wjohnson" wrote:

Not 100% sure what you want but here is an example
=IF(B1<160,A1-B1,0)
Example 1
A B C
160 140 20

Example 2
160 160 0

You can change the "0" to anything you want (i.e. "No Excess Hours")

--
wjohnson
wjohnson's Profile:

View this thread: