Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
David Billigmeier

Default TAN different to a calculator? Please help would be appreciated lo

Be careful when using trig functions, you gotta make sure you're using
radians/degrees correctly. The TAN() in excel handles Radians. For example
to get the tangent of 45 DEGREES use the following formula:

=TAN(45*PI()/180)

Dave

"!!HELP!!" wrote:

Hi,

I am doing my GCSE at the moment and I have come up with a fomula to
calculate the area of any polygon. My formula includes TAN but when I use the
TAN function on Excel it gives me a completely different answer to my
calculator.

Please help, is TAN different in America? Sorry if this sounds really stupid
but I need to know.

Thanks