Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Carole Drake

Default Is there a shortcut to skip down the page in a large worksheet

D*** you are good!!!
Thanks!
Carole

"David Billigmeier" wrote:

1) You can hit F5 and enter an exact cell to skip to.
2) You can do an Edit-Find to skip to an exact account number.
3) You can do a Data-Filter-Auto Filter, this way to hide all rows except
the row with your account number.
4) =MATCH("123456789",A1:A2790,0) to get the exact row an account number of
123456789 is located on

Any of those help?
Dave

"Carole Drake" wrote:

My worksheet is 2790 lines deep and I need to be able to skip down to certain
areas. I bought the Excel 2002 Bible by John Walkenbach and don't find it
there yet. Maybe I don't know the right question.

The first column is account numbers but I didn't really want to name each
cell to be able to find the cell that way - there are many account numbers.

So I just arrow down and watch the number fly by and when I'm about
there...you get the picture.... Is there a better way?

Thanks