Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
smf

Default Stopping free text entry in validation cell

Hmm, sorry not using a list as such, it is something I picked up from here.
It is:

=IF(E32="",RegionList,INDEX(RegionColumn,MATCH(E32 ,CustColumn,0)))

in the validation source field.

Not really sure what that is called - it picks up the data from another
sheet that I have set up. As it is not a 'list' as such you are allowed to
enter free text in the cell.

Thnx,

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

If you are using a list then that should be enough unless they copy and
paste into the validation cell

Peo Sjoblom

"smf" wrote in message

I have an xls that I have set up with validation lists in some cells. I

need
to stop users from ignoring the options in the list and just typing

whatever
the want in the cell.

Anyone help? I am sure it is easy, but can't see how to do it.

Thnx,

Smf