Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Glennrbt

Default vlookup does not work between 71% to 79% refernceing roundup n

"Harlan Grove" wrote:

Glennrbt wrote...
when using vlookup referencing a value between 71% to 79% in a chart using
roundup function will not work properly.

What's your *EXACT* formula?

Say that in cell A1 I enter a value. In cell A4 I will round down that value (=ROUNDDOWN(A1,1)). In cell A5 I will roundup the value (=ROUNDUP(A1,1)). In cell B4 I have (=VLOOKUP(A4,CHART,B2)), In cell B5 I have (=VLOOKUP(A5,CHART,B2)). This works great till I have a value in cell A1 between 71% to 79%. If I enter the value in cell A5 manually and over ride the roundup function, VLOOKUP finds the proper value.