Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
billy boy

Default have a cell give warning

RagDyer,
Thanks for your help.
Could you tell me how to conditional format. Thats what I would like it to
do, turn red or something.

"RagDyeR" wrote:

One way would be to keep this top row always in view by using "Freeze
Panes".

That way you could immediately see it display there as you enter that max
number.

Another option might be to use "Conditional Formatting" on all the rows, so
that the max entry would perhaps turn red as it was entered.
--

HTH,

RD

"billy boy" wrote in message
I have a spread sheet with lots of data. The top row of each column looks
for
the max number in that column. Is there a way for excel to warn me when
entering data that the number I just entered was max in that column. That
would really help me out. Thanks