Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ross

Default Properties - Statistics Tab

Dave,

Great questions. We were given some files from our professor, but they were
all created in 2004. In addition, this other student and I were the only
one's who had this weird 1996 date and time. It appears that Modified and
Accessed dates were changed to the time when my professor opened up the
files, so they aren't unique to us.

I'm curious if this could be some kind of virus or macro that modified our
Created date without us knowing. Or possibly that Excel has some issue that
caused the faulty date.

Ross

"Dave O" wrote:

The "Created" date is the date the file was originally created and
first saved. If you're using a template file that was distributed (by
the instructor himself?) to the class then everyone using that file
will have the same "Created" date. Does anyone else that same Created
datestamp?

The "Modified" and "Last Accessed" dates, also on the statistics tab,
should be more or less unique to all students. I say "more or less"
because it would not be too far a stretch to see everyone completing
their work the night before it is due, but the timestamp portion is
more likely unique.