Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max

Default How do I read info from different worksheets into a summary sh

"anamcara" wrote
.. Do you know how I can get the list of
worksheet names copied into a column ? !

Try the sub below:

Steps
--------
Press Alt+F11 to go to VBE
Click Insert Module
Copy paste everything within the dotted lines below
into the whitespace on the right

-------begin vba-----
Sub SheetNames()
'Peo Sjoblom in .worksheet.functions Jul '02
Dim wkSht As Worksheet
Range("A1").Select
For Each wkSht In Worksheets
Selection = wkSht.Name
ActiveCell.Offset(rowOffset:=1, columnOffset:=0).Activate
Next wkSht
End Sub
-------endvba------

Press Alt+Q to get back to Excel

In a *new* sheet, press Alt+F8
Select "SheetNames" Run

The sheetnames will be listed in A1 down, in this sequence:

1st sheet (leftmost) will be listed in A1,
2nd sheet in A2, and so on

Hidden sheets will also be listed
and will appear after the last (rightmost) sheet
--
Rgds
Max