Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ragdyer

Default Is it possible?

Try this:

=IF(COUNTIF('Summary FNb 2005'!$F$5:$F$154,$A$1)=ROWS($1:1),INDEX('Summary
FNb 2005'!A$5:A$154,SMALL(IF('Summary FNb
2005'!$F$5:$F$154=$A$1,ROW($1:$150)),ROW(1:1))),"" )

Don't forget to use CSE to enter it.
--
HTH,

RD

"DakotaNJ" wrote in message
OK, sorry about that RD.

The EXACT names a

Incident statistics 2006.xls (The Workbook)
Summary FNb 2005 (Main spreadsheet)
Summary FNbG (sub sheet)
Summary FNb-C (sub sheet)
Summary FNbH-Range (sub sheet)
Summary FNbW (sub sheet)
Summary HAP (sub sheet)

The F-column (Divission name) values a
FNbG
FNbH-C
FNbH-R
FNbW
HAP

Each of these values are the name of the respective sub-sheet, located in
cell A1 of each sheet.

Yes, the names of the sub sheets exactly match what I enter in the

F-column
of the "Summary FNb 2005" sheet.

I use cell A3 of each sub sheet to enter the formula.

I can't think of any other variables. I see the methodology pretty

clearly,
just need to tweak the formula to make it work.

As always, thanks so much for your excellent help!

Regards,
Dominick

--
Learning and growing everyday.

"RagDyer" wrote:

It seems that each new post of yours divulges *new* information or

*changes*
information previously stated.
OR ... you're making a bunch of typos!

What is the *exact* name of your MAIN sheet, including spaces?
Are you *sure* that there are *no* spaces at the beginning and/or the

end of
the name?

The "File Not Found" window is coming up because the sheet name in the
formula *does not* match ANY sheet in the workbook.
That can also give you a #VALUE! error when you by-pass it.

Are you entering the name of the sub sheet in *A1* or *A3* of each sub
sheet? ? ?

Do some of the names of the sub sheets contain dashes (Summary FNb-C),

and
some don't (Summary FNbW)?
And if they are mixed formats, do they *exactly* match what you have

entered
on the Main sheet in Column F?

RD

-
Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit

!

-

"DakotaNJ" wrote in message
AARRGGGHHHH!!!!!!

I'm somehow missing something.

I was able to copy the formula into the A:3 cells of each spreadsheet,

CSE'd them, got a #VALUE response in each of those cells. I copied

that
cell
into a row across the spreadsheet, then copied that row down through

all
rows. I get a #VALUE in each of those cells.

I go to the main FNb spreadsheet, enter a row of information and

nothing.

Now, my "main" (the source of the data) is actually called: Summary

FNb
2006, each of the sub-spreadsheets is called Summary FNbW, or Summary

FNb-C
(divisions within the FNb organization), etc. These are the names of

each
sub-spreadsheet and the exact name that is located in the A:3 cell of

each
sub-sheet.

I tried to modify the formula, changing "FNb" to "Summary FNb 2006" in

all
instances where necessary. Problem is, when I CSE it it is looking

for a
file and a window opens "File Not Found", so I try to route to the

file
location, and the file is not there!?! In fact it won't list out any

of
the
Excel files. So, I saved the file to Desktop and tried again, still

won't
list it even though it is located there and I am looking for the

correct
file
extension. Very frustrating! What am I doing wrong here?

I surmise, without the file look up location it has no idea where it

is
looking?

This would be so much easier if there was a way to show you the

spreadsheet.
Then perhaps we would be discussing the same exact thing.

How you even answer these questions purely based on text messages is

beyond
me. I bow to your superior intellect. Heck, I get confused just

trying
explain it to you. LOL

Please, pardon my ignorance and see if you can figure out what I am

doing
wrong.

With much appreciation.
Dominick
--
Learning and growing everyday...errr, staggering and falling down

everday
right now!

"RagDyeR" wrote:

Here's your revised formula to use.

=IF(COUNTIF(FNb!$F$5:$F$154,$A$1)=ROWS($1:1),INDE X(FNb!A$5:A$154,SMALL(IF(F
Nb!$F$5:$F$154=$A$1,ROW($1:$150)),ROW(1:1))),"")

Don't forget to use CSE!

"=ROWS($1:1)"
Is just a counter that increments as it's copied down.
It's part of the COUNTIF() error trap, so that you won't receive

#NUM!
errors when your formula runs out of matching rows on the FNb sheet.

You see that I changed:
"ROW($1:$100)"
"ROW($1:$150)"
That is the total number of rows in the datalist - (F5:F154)

You can enter the formula anywhere you wish on each of the "sub"

sheets.
You must then copy that formula (*after* a CSE entry), from it's

original
cell location, across 11 columns,
so that you have a total of 12 columns of formula, covering the 12

columns
of the original datalist on Sheet FNb.

You then select *all* 12 columns of formula,
And copy down as many rows as you want (need).

Not to confuse you, but you can do this all in "one shot".

You can group all your "sub" sheets together,
so that you paste, and CSE enter, and drag and copy your formula

only
once,
and it'll be duplicated on all the sheets in the group.

Select the first "sub" sheet tab, hold <Ctrl, and click in each

sheet
tab
that you wish to have in the "group", (*not* the main FNb sheet).
These tabs now are colored white, and the word "Group" is appended

the
name in the Title Bar.

Now, whatever you do to one, is automatically done to all the others

in
the
group.

When you're finished, to "Ungroup", just click in the tab of your

FNb
sheet.

--

HTH,

RD

"DakotaNJ" wrote in message
Thanks RD, I am beginning to "see" the solution, but admit this is

all
very
foreign to me. So, using the array formula you provided, I was able

break
it down and modify it as necessary, but I still cannot understand a

few
things. Please bear with me here.

I have modified the formula to fit specific cell values as follows:

YOUR VERSION:

=IF(COUNTIF(Main!$F$1:$F$100,$A$1)=ROWS($1:1),IND EX(Main!A$1:A$100,SMALL(IF
(Main!$F$1:$F$100=$A$1,ROW($1:$100)),ROW(1:1))),"" )

MY VERSION:

=IF(COUNTIF(FNb!$F$5:$F$154,$A$1)=ROWS($1:1),INDE X(FNb!A$5:A$154,SMALL(IF(F
Nb!$F$5:$F$154=$A$1,ROW($1:$100)),ROW(1:1))),"")

OK, so "Main" now equals my main spreadsheet name "FNb"

"F1:F100" now equals the range of cells to evaluate for a match,

that is
F5:F154 (this is where the DIV # is stored on the main spreadsheet).

A1 is the "label" of the lower spreadsheets. In this case the

spreadsheet
is called FNbW and that value is located in A1 of the lower

spreadsheet
(as
it is for all spreadsheets)

I'm not sure what "=ROWS($1:1)" is?? Can you explain this so I can

be
sure
the formula here is correct?

As I understand this, using my specific labels, when I enter my

information
in a row on the FNb spreadsheet, where the F-column entry equals

"FNbW",
then
the FNbW spreadsheet will recognize it and copy the entire row from

the
FNb
spreadsheet onto the FNbW spreadsheet.

Is that the methodology?

Feels like I am relatively close to getting this to work. I was

able to
enter the array into cell A:3 (is this cell specific or just for

example?).
I was able to CSE the array and get curly brackets.

I was not able to understand the instruction from there. Where do I

copy it
to? And what range of cells do I use? I need to copy a row into a

row
of
the other spreadsheet. So, as you can see, I'm still confused here.

Thanks for your time. You should get an award for tolerating these
questions!

Regards,
Dominick

--
Learning and growing everyday.

"Ragdyer" wrote:

Assume ... your "Main" sheet datalist starts with labels in Row1,
And goes from A1 to L100.

*All other* sheets have the Div # in A1,
So, labels in Row2, *exactly* matching the column labels in

"Main".

Enter this *array* formula in A3 of *all* your other sheets:

=IF(COUNTIF(Main!$F$1:$F$100,$A$1)=ROWS($1:1),IND EX(Main!A$1:A$100,SMALL(IF
(Main!$F$1:$F$100=$A$1,ROW($1:$100)),ROW(1:1))),"" )

--
Array formulas must be entered with CSE, <Ctrl <Shift <Enter,

instead
of
the regular <Enter, which will *automatically* enclose the

formula in
curly
brackets, which *cannot* be done manually.

Now, after the CSE entry, copy this formula across to L3.
Then, select A3 to L3, and drag down to copy as far as needed.

--
HTH,

RD

-
Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may

benefit !

-

"DakotaNJ" wrote in message
OK, let me see if I can make this clear enough:

On the Main sheet it looks like this. These are in-plant

accidents
that
investigate and track.

Acc#: Carr: Invest: Name: Dept: Div: Date: FDO: LT:

RD:
Injury:
Part:
1 XXX Yes Sam AM 104 1-3 1-3 0

0
C X

The "other" tabs are specific to building (Div.). So, when I

enter
line
item on the main spreadsheet, I need Excel to identify it using

the
DIV
cell
(in this case 104), then copy the entire line of info to the

"104"
spreadsheet (or, obviously whichever on is applicable), which is

exactly
the
same set-up as the main spreadsheet.

Right now, when I enter a line on the Master sheet, I simply

copy/paste
it
to the "other" sheet.

You folks are getting me pretty excited! I'm starting to think

this
may
be
possible.

This whole workbook is really coming along nicely. I have

figured
out