Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben

Default Ignoring highlighted cells

Did you go to Chip's site and copy the cellcolorindex Function and paste it to
a general module in your workbook?

If so, you must use it to find the index numbers of the colored cells.

Then you can SUM up on those index numbers.

In B1 enter =CellColorIndex(A1) Drag/copy that down as far as you need.

Non-colored cells will return -4142

Colored cells will return another number.

Now in C1 enter =SUMIF(B1:B100,-4142,A1:A100)

Same in D1 for any other number.

Note: if the cells were colored due to Conditional Formatting, none of the
above will work.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

"frustrated" wrote
in message ...

Umm I'm confused.

There is a reason that a particular cell is highlighted. Highlighted
cells represent a day that an order is cancelled. I dont want to do
anything to the date column.

What I want is this:

Have a cell that ignores all of column A's highlighed values (in bright
orange) and adds up the rest

A second cell that ignores all *non highlighted* values and only adds
up highlighted values.

Take a look at the following picture to see what I mean

Thanks