JulieD

Hi Foss

easier that than (or if it didn't work), select another cell (maybe on
another worksheet) and copy it, now select your "numbers" and choose edit /
paste special ADD

this should fix them

Cheers
JulieD

"Foss" wrote in message
Thank you all very much for your help, that's just what I was looking for!
Perfect!

Now the only problem is that for some reason excel isn't recognizing the
cell value as a number, just a string.
It's very odd, the number appears in the left hand side of the cell.
There's
no extra characters in the cell at all. If I manually type over the cell
with
the exact same content then it moves to the right of the cell and is
recognised as a number.
I've written a quick script to add a ' to the beginning of each cell in
the
used range then delete it again, hopefully that'll sort it!

Thanks again!

Foss

"Foss" wrote:

Good morning all,

I've got a list of results from a questionnaire in a worksheet.
Along the top is the question number, down the side are the people who
answered.

For each question there are five possible answers, they're numbered one
five.

There's also a Country column which says where the respondent lives.

I want to make a function for each question that can count the occurences
of
answer '1' where the country column contains 'UK'.

I can't seem to write a formula to do this for me, it's driving me crazy!
I've struggled with this for nearly three whole days and I'm getting a
bit
miffed now!
Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,