Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Alexsalles

Default How do I build a reference to an external worksheet?

Hi,

I need to create a reference to an external worksheet (which is not
necessarily active) that could be used by other cells as in the
"indirect" function, but refering to external data.

My objective is to define the path of a certain file in a cell (like
C:\Documents and Settings\My Documents\Forecasts\File X), and define
different ranges of such spreadsheet in other cells. The reason for
that, is the need to use the exact same structure in several different
consolidating spreadsheets that I have to create. I would have
different consolidating spreadsheet, which would collect the same type
of information, in the same format, every month, but from different
sources. Every month, the name of the spreadhseets would change, so my
only work would be defining the new name in one cell and all my links
would all be automatically updated.

Does anybody now a relatively easy way to solve it?

Thanks,
Alex

--
Alexsalles