Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Stephen

Default Only 7 IFs?

I ran into a similar problem... Its not the best answer but it works... Split
the formula into 2 seperate cells (months 1 to 6, and 7-12), put an else ""
in each one, then use a 3rd cell to look into both cells and return the value
that isn't "".

"Rachel S" wrote:

Not sure if i worded my question clearly. I need the year to date formula to
search a specific cell in each of the 12 Month to Date worksheets to find the
most current figure. I was going to use If(Dec MTD!h80,Dec MTD!h8,IF(Nov
MTD!h80,Nov MTD!h8,...... etc. I guess it all boils down to....how do i get
the current month's information to show up in my year to date worksheet? Is
vlookup still the solution?

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Try VLOOKUP
--
Gary's Student

"Rachel S" wrote:

I'm stumped...I need a formula for a Year to date worksheet that references
each MTD worksheet and grabs the most recent value. The only way i know how
to do this is through IF's but the limit won't allow for it. Any ideas?