Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
MrShorty

Default I need more general XY point to point plotting than XY scatter in

Others may have better ideas, but it seems to me your data aren't laid
out in a format conducive to what you want. I was able (using the
"source data" dialog I mentioned above) to get a plot that looks like
what you describe. I had to select each individual point separated by
commas within a given series. The final series definition looked like
=SERIES(Sheet1!R5C1,(Sheet1!R5C2,Sheet1!R5C4),(She et1!R5C3,Sheet1!R5C5),4).
That, of course, isn't conducive to readily adding points to a
series, or adding series to the chart. Can be done, but not readily.

If you lay your data out differently, it would be easier. Try a lay
out where the X data are in a column and the corresponding Y data are
in the adjacent column. Something like:

name A A B B C C D D (names doubled to emphasize column relationship)
axis X Y X Y X Y X Y
pt1 0 0 0 1 0 2 0 3
pt2 2 0 2 1 2 2 2 3

Then it's easy to add data points (simply add rows) and data series
(simply add pairs of columns going across and paste special) to your
chart.

--
MrShorty
MrShorty's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=22181