Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Louise

Default Ignoring highlighted cells

Further to my previous post, I've just worked it out:

=SUMIF(A7:A20,"100",A7:A20)

This would only add those figures which are greater than 100.

That's great.

Thank you.

"Duke Carey" wrote:

Is there is any rhyme or reason behind which cells are highlighted & which
aren't? Conditional Formatting, for instance. If so, use the SUMIF()
function and incorporate the same condition you used in the Conditional
Formatting

If it's something else, see Chip Pearson's site:

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/SortByColor.htm

"frustrated" wrote:

If I have a column of numbers and some of the cells are highlighted
(show in bold) eg.

1 7
2 *5*
3 6
4 8
5 10
6 *15*

Sub Total 1
Sub Total 2

How can I get sub total 1 to add up all the non highlighted numbers in
the column and sub total 2 to add up all the highlighted numbers?

The numbers dont necessarily have to be highlighted, they could be in
bold or a different colour.

Also bear in mind that it doesnt have to be cell A6 or A2 that is
highlighted it can be any particular cell in the column.

I know I can make sub total 1 = A1+A3+A4+A5
and sub total 2 = A2+A6

but when I've got a lot of data I dont really want to have to keep
typing in the functions manually depending on where the highlighted
cells are.

Hope this all makes sense and thanks for any help

--
frustrated
frustrated's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27778