Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pivot Table Creation Help

Default create pivot table from excel table

I have a table of quarterly shipments by vendor/product and want to convert
this to a pivot table. Right now I have 12 quaters of data, with includes 8
quaters of actual data and 4 of estimates. If I get how pivot tables work, I
would need to add 12 rows for each vendor-product combination and have one
column that includes "data." Is there an automated way to convert an excel
table, where data is in multiple columns, into a pivot table? And then update
each quarter.

Please tell me if I am going about this the wrong way. I have only used,
never set up, pivot tables,

Ellen