Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
frustrated

Default Ignoring highlighted cells

If I have a column of numbers and some of the cells are highlighted
(show in bold) eg.

1 7
2 *5*
3 6
4 8
5 10
6 *15*

Sub Total 1
Sub Total 2

How can I get sub total 1 to add up all the non highlighted numbers in
the column and sub total 2 to add up all the highlighted numbers?

The numbers dont necessarily have to be highlighted, they could be in
bold or a different colour.

Also bear in mind that it doesnt have to be cell A6 or A2 that is
highlighted it can be any particular cell in the column.

I know I can make sub total 1 = A1+A3+A4+A5
and sub total 2 = A2+A6

but when I've got a lot of data I dont really want to have to keep
typing in the functions manually depending on where the highlighted
cells are.

Hope this all makes sense and thanks for any help

--
frustrated
frustrated's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27778