Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
John Phillips

Default 'updating' without 'opening'

Hello, …a small problem…
…I’ve one ‘foundation’ Excel book listing components & their prices.
I’ve one-hundred product ‘specification/costing’ Excel books (linked to
the ‘foundation’ book). I’ve then one consumption ‘summary’ Excel book
(linked to each of the one-hundred ‘specification/costing’ books).
…If I was to amend a cell in the ‘foundation’ book (e.g. change a
component’s price), I would then wish to update each
‘specification/costing’ book, but without opening/saving each in turn
(for reasons of ease & speed), enabling me to open the ‘summary’ book
with the assurance that the new data has flowed & is current.
…I.E. IS IT POSSIBLE TO ‘UPDATE’ (NUMEROUS) EXCEL BOOKS
AUTOMATICALLY/EN-MASS (PERHAPS OVERNIGHT), WITHOUT OPENING THEM?
Thanks & regards, John.
PS I do have a memory issue …the folder is about 3GB

--
John Phillips
John Phillips's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29638