Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
tjtjjtjt

Default Horizontal Subtotals

The person who created the spreadsheet probably used the options on the Group
and Outline submenu located on the Tools menu. They likely eihter selected
columns and clicked group. Or they may have used the Auto Outline command.

For basic instructions, check out Excel's "Create an outline" Help topic.
--
tj

"R. Choate" wrote:

I received a file that has subtotals going across instead of down, with 5 levels of subtotals. It inserted the subtotal expanding
and collapsing controls (the plus and minus signs) above the columns headers. How can I replicate this on another worksheet? I can't
see any option for this, the subtotals dialog only shows vertical choices.

Thanks
--
RMC,CPA