Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Default How do I set up Data entry to match My Application Form

You could create an Input sheet. I'd name it Input <bg.

Then in column A, put a nice description. In column B, put your entry:

A B
FirstName Ziggy
LastName Stardust
Salutation Mr (or Ms.)
etc

Then on your Forms sheet, you'd use a formula that points back to that input
sheet.

=if(input!b1="","",input!b1)
(to grab the first name)

You could even protect the forms sheet so that you can't overwrite the formulas:
tools|protection|protect sheet

Mr. Ziggy wrote:

I have a specific Application Form that I must fill out by hand at each
interview. I have created the form in Excel to allow me to type the info
into the appropriate fields. This however labor intensive and it is easy to
make a mistake that may change a different field.

Can I create separate listing or database (similar to the mail merge
concept) that will just drop the info into the proper cells on the form with
out me touching the form itself?

--

Dave Peterson