Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
dantecat

Default Formula Needed...

I have a related question maybe someone can assist with and will be of some
use he
My data is formatted so that column 1 as the 'bin value' and column 2 as the
'frequency ' that bin value occurs in the set. e.g. if the individual data
were
5 5 5 6 6 6 6 7 7 8 8 8 8 8 etc..
my data format would be
5 3
6 4
7 2
8 5

basically the frequencies of my data have already been determined.
I now want to calculate things (mean, sd, skew,kurtosis) on my data set,but
only have this 2 column format to use. Excell needs all the data listed out.
Isthere some way to quickly determine these descriptive stats? I ask because
my data sets consist of 200-300 bin values, with frequencis between 10 and
300; and total frequencies (total number of data points in a data set ) is
about 12,000

douglas

"Steven Sinclair" wrote:

I have a row of numbers from 1 to 26 in cells A1 to Z1 representing numbers
'chosen' at random by 500 unique people.

I have another row of numbers representing the 'frequency' that the
aforementioned number was chosen in cells A2 to Z2.

Example:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...
10 4 16 9 23 20 61 13 18 43 17 ...

Is there a formula that I could use to calculate the percentage (0%-100%)
that each number was chosen?

Thanx.