Alan

"Debra Dalgleish" wrote in message

Using .Formula instead of .Text shouldn't create any problems.
What happened when you tried it? <g

Somewhat limited testing, but it seems to be fine (XL2000), and
definately better for what I want to do than TEXT.

Another follow up question:

I would like to use the text in a comment attached to a cell in my
code.

The TEXT method of the Comment object allows you to SET the text of
the comment, but how do I read it (programmatically)?

Am I being dim here?

I tried this:

Prompt = ActiveCell.Comment.Text

Response = MsgBox(Prompt, vbOKOnly, "This is the cell comment")

But it doesn't seem to work, presumably because TEXT is not a property
of the comment object?

So how do we get the text out into a variable?

Apologies if I am being slow / a pain!

Alan.