Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Scott Wagner

Default SUMIF and Dates

Take a look at these:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/array.htm
http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctio...tml#SumProduct

"Mike" wrote:

I have a worksheet that looks as follows:
(SHEET 1)

A B C
Location Start Date Monthly Estimate
Office 1 1/1/06 1,400
Office 2 1/1/06 15,800
Office 3 1/1/06 2,840
Office 4 1/1/06 2,080
Office 5 1/1/06 1,460
Repairs 1/1/06 400
TBA 5/1/06 5,000
TBA 0
TBA 0
TBA 0
TBA 0

I will have another worksheet that will look as follows:
(SHEET 2)

A B C D
E F
January-06 February-06 March-06 April-06 May-06
Facility 23,980 23,980 23,980 23,980 28,980

I am trying to write a formula in Cells B2 and thereafter of Sheet 2, that
will look at the start dates listed in Sheet 1 in Column B and then sum the
monthly rents in Column C if the start date for the item of expense is equal
to or less than the date recorded in Row 2 Sheet 2.

Thanks