Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Niek Otten

Default Hiding sheets - Impact on Speed

< I've never heard of the visible state of worksheets affecting calc speed

Well, there are some effects, although I don't know about this one.

If you have a large worksheet, like a 40 year financial projection with one
row per month, and you split the window to be able to see the start line
together with the bottom line, it takes almost
twice as long to calculate as without the split.
It seems as if Excel thinks it has to format all the rows for display
instead of just one screeenful.

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"Jim Rech" wrote in message
I've never heard of the visible state of worksheets affecting calc speed.

You need a macro to unhide worksheets all at once:

Sub UnhideSheets()
Dim WS As Worksheet
For Each WS In Worksheets
WS.Visible = xlSheetVisible