Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Coderre

Default Spreadsheet cleaning

Try this:
Select your data range
DataFilterAutoFilter
Click the dropdown list on the column that contains the asterisks and
select the asterisk from the list.
(Now you should only see rows with the asterisk in that column)

Starting with the 1st displayed asterisk, select all the way down to the
last asterisk.

Then, EditDelete
(You will only be able to delete an entire row when in filter mode.)

Then DataFilter uncheck Autofilter to turn it off

Does that help?

***********
Regards,
Ron

"Richard" wrote:

I downloaded info from another program to a spreadsheet. I am trying to
clean up the data so I can use it. Please let me know if there is a way to
do the following preferably without VBA. Post either solution but I'm just
not too comfortable with VBA yet. What I want to do is to seek out every
cell with an "*" and have Excel delete the entire row. Doing a sort would
not be an option because the order of the data is important for my needs.
Thank -RA